It's Ohana Time! Come join us for explosive fun and frolic on September 11th.
We've done our rain dances and are ready for the execution of a successful event this year (as opposed to 2010, which was rained out 3 times)!
- Join us on Sunday, September 11th, for this annual festive and challenging doubles event.
- Designed to closely match each doubles team with others of the same level, the format of play ensures three round-robin doubles matches per team. Each match will be timed and the winner for each of the divisions will be determined based on total games won for the day (as well as bonus points earned).
- Coffee, breakfast snacks, and lunch will be provided.
- Show your Ohana and dress in the spirit of Hawaii! All teams whose members dress (must be both members) with some Hawaiian flair, will start the day with points before ever stepping on the court!
- Prizes will be awarded for team play and point earning. In general, expect goodies throughout the event.
In modern Hawaiian culture, " 'ohana " means "family" -- in the extended sense of the word. Held annually since 2004, the Ohana Women's Tournament is a premier GLTF women's tennis event.
Registration: Partner-up and register as a doubles team. Both players must be active members of GLTF. If you don't have a doubles partner to register with, contact us and we will do our best to match you up.
Team Fees: One member of the team will register for both players--both MUST BE GLTF MEMBERS. Fees include breakfast, lunch, memento and awards for each division.
$70/team if registered by 9pm on Friday, August 19, 2011
Bring your own water bottle: As part of GLTF's commitment to reduce the amount of plastic consumed, we will NOT provide bottles of water. There is water available to refill your bottles at the court.
Day of Event: Check-in begins at 9:15 the day of the event.
Tournament Directors: Zoe Heimdal & Winnie Fink