“The Road To 4.5” is designed for USTA rated 4.0 players, helping them add strategies and techniques that are used in 4.5 match play.
What is it: 2-hour sessions with instructions and drills. Sessions will focus on specific techniques and/or strategies to get you on your way to being a 4.5 level player.
Perfect for: Current USTA 4.0 rated Men & Women
Instructor: Local pro Tim Connolly
Date & Times: Saturdays - November 3 from 10am – 12pm @ SF State
Cost: Each session is $20 for new members (less than 6 months) and $25 for current members.
Limit 8 people.
4.5 doubles is all about the 2-up format, and being the first group to get 2 people to the net. Not only does our doubles partner need to work on this strategy, so do we.
• we will break the serve and volley down to 4 components
• we will tackle one common learning curve issue within each component
• we will update our assumptions about the serve we should use when serving and volleying
• we will work on a jump serve
• we will work on short-hop, half-volley
• we will work on serving to a particular spot to help us serve and volley well
• we will learn better court coverage
For new members (less than 6 months), email TennisPrograms@gltf.org for promotion code.
For Questions, please email TennisPrograms@GLTF.org